Although there are numerous success stories for businesses using mobile marketing, very few big brands have embraced a mobile strategy. In 2011, mobile advertising was less than 1% of ad spending worldwide. Mobile has the potential to be the most effective form of marketing available, so now is the time to implement a mobile strategy.
Some recent stats to help you understand the importance behind mobile marketing follow:
- Smartphone coupon usage increased over 100% in 2011 and is expected to the same this year.
- Open rates for emails are about 11% compared to mobile phone texts with an open rate of 95%.
- By 2015, there are expected to be over 788 million people who only use the internet via mobile devices.
- By 2015, mobile users are anticipated to spend around $119 billion in mobile commerce each year.
- Moms are more likely to own a smartphone than anyone else, with 25% of them using their mobile devices to look for discounts and coupons.
Mark Donovan, the senior VP of mobile marketing at comScore recently stated, “With nearly 86 million Americans now shopping on their smartphones, this pronounced shift in consumer behavior is simply too large for retailers to ignore, with the future of their business depending on how well they adapt to the new environment.”
If you haven’t implemented a mobile strategy for your business, now is the time. Don’t wait any longer!